EC Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) Lot 9 (2016-2018)
The Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) is still in the development phase and will combine observations of the climate system with the latest science to develop authoritative, quality-assured information about the past, current and future states of the climate in Europe and worldwide
- Scientific Quality Assessment of Climate Data Records of Surface Albedo, LAI and FAPAR Essential Climate Variables.
EUMETSAT Land Surface Analysis Satellite Applications Facility CDOP-2 (2012-2017). Land-SAF is aimed to provide in near real time geobiophysical variables from EUMETSAT satellites. The main objective in CDOP-2 is to develop global products from EPS/AVHRR data.
- Technical assistance to the University of Valencia for developing of retrieval methodologies and its validation.
FP7 Implementation of multi-scale agricultural indicators exploiting Sentinels (2013-2014). The objective of ImagineS project is to prepare processing lines for PROBA-V and Sentinels data for retrieval of biophysical variables and agricultural indicators within Copernicus Global Land Service.
- User Interface.
- Collection of ground data.
- Generation of empirical high resolution maps.
- Scientific Validation of vegetation and albedo products.
- Training activities.
EC Copernicus Global Land Service (GIO-GL) (2013-2017). Since 2013 the Copernicus Global Land Service delivers geo-biophysical products at global scale with a typical frequency of 10-days.
- Scientific Quality Assessment and Quality Monitoring of Global Land vegetation, albedo and TOC reflectance products.
- User support and training activities.
Copernicus User Uptake (2013-2014). In order to support the adoption of Copernicus services by user communities, several “User Uptake” activities funded by the European Commission were carried out in 2013 and 2014.
- Support to the User Uptake of Copernicus Global Land products.
ESA Explotation of ESA campaigns for Sentinel-2 Level2 Validation (VALSE-2) (2012-2013). VALSE-2 was aimed to validate algorithms for retrieving biophysical variables from Sentinel-2 like data.
- Analysis of ground data in ESA field campaigns.
- Validation of S2 prototype algorithms to retrieve biophysical (LAI, FAPAR, Water Content, Ch) parameters.
FP7 geoland-2 (Towards an Operational Land Monitoring Core Service) (2008-2012). Geoland2 was carried out in the context of the GMES, which aims to build up a European capacity for Global Monitoring of Environment and Security.
- Scientific validation of radiation (DSSF, albedo) and vegetation (LAI, FAPAR, FCover) global products.
EUMETSAT Land Surface Analysis Satellite Applications Facility CDOP (2008-2012). Land-SAF is aimed to provide in near real time geobiophysical variables from EUMETSAT satellites.
- The upgrade of vegetation variables (mainly FAPAR) from MSG composite products and preparation for EPS/METOP data, its continuous scientific validation and the promotion among operational users
ESA SEN3EXP (2009). The SEN3EXP ESA Campaign provide a comprehensive dataset based on airborne hyperspectral measurements, satellite data from ENVISAT MERIS and AATSR as wel as from other space platforms, and correlative ground measurements. See SEN3EXP Final Report.
- Ground data acquisition of vegetation variables (LAI, FAPAR, FCover and plant water content) during the Barrax campaign.
- Generation of empirical high resolution maps.
- Radiative transfer model and artificial neural networks methods were used for retrieval of biophysical variables from CHRIS/PROBA data.
CICYT (Spain) ARTEMIS (2009-2012).
- EOLAB has developed the FAPAR product based on MODIS data at 500m. The algorithm relies on the inversion of a heterogeneous canopy radiative transfer model (4SAIL2) coupled with PROSPECT for the leaves.
CICYT (Spain) MIDAS.5 (2008-2010)
- Characterization of the vegetation canopy water content (CWC) over the Utiel-Requena SMOS validation area.
FP6 Vegetation for Africa (2006). VGT4Africa was a FP6 SSA project, with the objective to assuring of the distribution in real time of biophysical products based on VGT data in support of sustainable development policies in Africa and the AMESD program.
- Technical assistance for the FCover product with SPOT/VGT data.
EUMETSAT Land Surface Analysis Satellite Applications Facility IOP (2006-2008). Land-SAF is aimed to provide in near real time geobiophysical variables from EUMETSAT satellites.
- EOLAB was in charge of developing the FAPAR product based on MSG/SEVIRI data for Land-SAF. The prototype was calibrated against similar FAPAR products (MODIS, CYCLOPES,POLDER, MERIS) and implemented.
CICYT (Spain) MIDAS.4 (2006)
- Characterization of LAI, FVC and FAPAR over the Utiel-Requena SMOS validation area.